The Japanese Shabu Shabu Beef Soup is a comfort meal that uses the thin and tender beef Shabu Shabu cuts for quick cooking. Adapted from the recipe by True Aussie.
- 200g Beef Shabu Shabu cuts
- 1 litre beef stock
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Chinese cooking wine
- 200g udon noodles
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 carrot, cut into very thin sticks
- 2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp fried shallot
- Place beef stock in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add chilli sauce, cooking wine, noodles, mushrooms, spring onions and carrots. Simmer for three minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add Beef Shabu Shabu, stir and remove from heat immediately.
- Place bean sprouts in large soup bowls and pour soup over.
- Serve with rice or Japanese udon.