These grilled Aussie steaks are perfect for entertaining guests at dinner parties. Thank you to our friends at True Aussie, for this wonderful recipe.
Grilled ribeye steak with smoky eggplant and pomegranate salad
2 packs The Meat Club MSA Graded Grain Fed Beef Rib Eye Steaks
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tablespoon caramelized balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pint halved grape tomatoes
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup leaves picked flat leaf parsley
- 1 large pomegranate, seeds removed
- Before cooking, brush steaks with oil and bring to room temperature.
- Cut a few deep slits in the eggplant and place directly over a gas flame using tongs. If you don’t have a gas flame, you can roast your eggplant in the oven. Simply halve it lengthways, drizzle with oil and roast until very tender.
- Cook for 10 minutes, rotating as the skin chars and the eggplant softens. Remove to a tray and slice in half lengthways. Scoop flesh into a sieve set over a bowl and allow to drain for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill to very hot, season steak with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes per side for medium, then allow to rest.
- Finely chop the drained eggplant until it becomes slightly mushy, and then place in a bowl with balsamic vinegar and lemon juice, stirring until combined. Gently fold through tomato, cucumber, parsley and half the pomegranate seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with remaining pomegranate seeds on top.
You may also like
Our Pan seared True Aussie beef with spices and relish has all the hallmarks ...View Recipe