For rainy days, warming stews, soups and curries are nourishing and comforting. Beef Osso Buco has always been a favourite of ours.
Recipe adapted from Pete Evans cookbook Paleo Every Day.
- 1 500g pack of The Meat Club rump steak, cut into pieces
- 2L beef stock
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 6 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 2 long red chilli, split lengthways
- Sea salt
- 1 carrot, roughly diced
- 2 celery stalks, roughly diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 300g canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cauliflower head (about 250g), chopped into small florets
- 1/4 bunch of covolo nero (about 300g), roughly shredded
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Pour beef stock into a large saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Continue to cook until the stock has reduced by half and is now 1 litre (this should take 15-20 minutes) Using this reduced stock will make the final dish richer and more delicious.
- Place a frying pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Add rump steak pieces and cook for 2 1/2 minutes on each side, or until they are nicely browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Melt the remaining coconut oil in an ovenproof casserole dish over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, or until soft. Add the onion, rosemary, chilli and a small pinch of salt. Stir well and cook for a few minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the carrot and celery, stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stir well. Remove from the heat.
- Place the rump steak and cauliflower in the casserole dish and pour over the stock. Cover first with a sheet of baking paper, then with a tight-fitting lid. Cook in the oven for 2 hours. Add the cavolo nero and return to the oven to cook for another 5 minutes, or until the cavolo nero is just wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
You may also like
These Chorizo and beef sausage meatballs pasta make a great meal at home. Here, ...View Recipe