These Homemade Sausage Rolls by #supermum Steph Lung are easy to make with store bought pastry. “My girls love basic, comfort food. One of their classic favourite is these good ole sausage rolls.” Image by Confessionsofabakingqueen.
- 3 puff pastry squares, defrosted
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water, beaten
- 500g The Meat Club free range pork mince
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat a pan with some oil, fry the chopped onions till browned. Set aside to cool and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Make the filling by putting all the ingredients in a big mixing bowl. Use your hands and marinade the seasoning together. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 mins or more.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Divide the square puff pastry into 2. Using one half of the pastry lengthwise, place the sausage meat in the middle, and fold the 2 sides above it. Using a sharp knife; cut the roll into 4 portions. Set aside, finish folding the rest.
- Place sausage rolls on a baking paper-lined tray. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash all over the top of the rolls.
- Place the rolls in the oven and cook for 20 mins. After 20 mins, rotate the tray to make sure they are evenly cooked, and bake for a further 5 mins or more till pastry turned golden brown.