Two Expat Cooks shows us how to make this simple yet super tasty Barramundi Fennel Salad. The sweetness and freshness of the Barramundi makes it easy to cook and eat.
- 2 x 200g Barramundi fillet
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sized fennel
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate your fillets of barramundi with half the juice of the lemon, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper. Leave for about 20 minutes.
- Take a whole fennel and remove the outer skin. With a potato peeler, slice the fennel from the root end creating ribbon like pieces. Put the slices into a big bowl of iced water with a touch of lemon juice. Leave for 10 minutes, pat dry with kitchen pepper and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the remaining lemon zest, pomegranate, capers and salt and pepper. Set aside to marinade.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and the butter. Add the fillets, flesh side down to the pan once it’s very hot. Cook for roughly 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Arrange fennel salad on serving dish, top with barramundi. Garnish with additional lemon zest and pomegranate.