Barramundi Fish and Chips
This recipe of Barramundi Fish and chips from Ambassador Terrie Anne of Carrotsticks and cravings is a healthier version of the traditional dish. It is oven baked and still crispy like the fattening fried fish and chips you buy.
For 8-10 fish fingers/bites
- 2 boneless fillets barramundi
- 1 slice day old wholemeal bread
- 1/4 cup of raw quinoa
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp chopped italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg
For the chips
- 2 large potatoes
- Sprinkle of dried oregano
- Sprinkle dried rosemary
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Sprinkle dried garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
For the “tartare” sauce
- 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp pasta sauce or passata
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper (for the adults)
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Wash the potatoes and chop them into slices like wedges.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl of water and in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender add bread, quinoa, parsley and lemon zest and blend until it forms crumbs.
- Check for bones and chop the fish into bite size pieces.
- Whisk egg in a bowl.
- Dip the fish into the egg and then into the crumbs coating them completely.
- Drain the potatoes and toss in the oil, oregano, garlic, rosemary and pepper.
- Put the fish and chips on a baking tray lined with baking paper and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chips and fish over and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl and serve with lemon wedges, side salad and salt and pepper and enjoy
You may also like
Steamed Sea Bream with Spring Onion and Ginger
Nothing says clean and lean then a beautifully simple Steamed Sea Bream with Spring ...View Recipe
Creamy pan seared salmon
Flaky salmon coated in a flavourful, creamy sauce. This dish is sure to be ...View Recipe
Whole Spiced Salmon
This Whole Spiced Salmon is amazing for hosting guests or large families! Raised in ...View Recipe