Korean Braised Short Ribs
These slow cooked Korean Braised Short Ribs are a beautiful example of Korean cooking at it’s finest. Christina Grey from Bon Appetite shows us how to make this delicacy with her family favourite recipe. Read on for more.
- 3.5kg The Meat Club beef short ribs, trimmed
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/2 kiwi
- 1/2 Asian pear
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 large daikon radish
- 11/2 cups of soy sauce
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 4 cups of water
- Soak and drain the short ribs in cold water for about 2 hours to ensure it is drained of excess blood. Bring the cleaned ribs to boil in a pot of water. After 5 minutes, skim off any residue and rinse again in cold water.
- Blend the onion, kiwi and pear in a food processor till it is well pureed. Add the mirin to the blend and puree again.
- Transfer the clean short ribs into a pot and pour in the blend. Cook over low heat for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Chop the carrots and radish into medium sized pieces. In another bowl, mix the soy sauce, garlic and sugar.
- Add 4 cups of water to the soy sauce mixture to the pot. Sim for about 30 mins, then and add in the vegetables and cook covered for another 30 mins till the vegetables and meat are cooked through.
- Serve with kimchi and white or brown rice.
You may also like
Grilled ribeye steak with smoky eggplant and pomegranate salad
These grilled Aussie steaks are perfect for entertaining guests at dinner parties. Thank you ...View Recipe
Japanese Shabu Shabu Bee Soup
The Japanese Beef Shabu Shabu Soup is a comfort meal that uses the thin ...View Recipe
Diane pies with parsnip mash
These Diane pies with parsnip mash are great because everyone gets to have their ...View Recipe