Chipotle steak poke bowl with jackfruit salsa
An easy beef poke bowl you could eat with just a spoon – no oven needed, just one pan, a couple of healthy whole foods, a sauce to marinate your beef baby the night before, and a balanced meal is ready in about 45 minutes.
- 200g The Meat Club grass fed eye fillet steak, 2 inches thick
- 1/2 Can of Chipotles Peppers in Abodo Sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp five-spiced powder
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup of white rice + 1/2 cup mixed grains
- 2 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 1/2 Japanese zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup Nai Bai
- 1 tsp Teochew fish sauce
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped garlic
- Organic Ghee
- In a bowl, season fillet with salt. Sprinkle cornflour and five-spice powder and gently pat on both sides. Add Abodo sauce and sesame oil, massage to fully coat steak. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Soak rice and mixed grains in a bowl of water for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse and gently scrub grains twice till the water turns less murky. Pour 750ml water and sesame seeds to the grain mix in a sauce pot, and cook for 30 minutes over medium-high heat. Stir rice grains occasionally to prevent them from sticking to the base of the pot. Alternatively, you can use a rice cooker.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Heat the frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tbsp of ghee to melt. Then add garlic and sauté for 7 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Scoop fried garlic into a bowl and save remaining ghee in the pan.
- Add nai bai to the pan and stir-fry for 4 minutes till bright green and crunchy. Season with fish sauce. Toss quickly and scoop into a bowl. Remove pan from heat.
- After washing and drying the pan, heat it over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Again, add 1 tbsp ghee to melt. Remove cling wrap, and with a pair of tongs, gently lay abodo steak on the pan. Scoop the marinade and add to the fillet. Sear fillet for 4 minutes on each side, turn down to medium heat and let it cook to desired doneness. (For medium rare, it would be approximately 8 minutes)
- Remove steak from pan, lay onto the chopping board to let it rest for 5 minutes. Reserve remaining abodo sauce for serving. Slice steak into bite-sized squares pieces so that every mouthful requires just a right amount of chewing. If it’s sliced in thick chunks, you’ll have issues with excessive chewing.
- Once it’s ready to serve, scoop a desired portion of rice, salsa, zucchini, nai bai, abodo steak and fried garlic between portions. Drizzle abodo sauce over steak and dig in!
You may also like
The Meat Club meatballs in tomato sauce
These versatile meatball recipe in tomato sauce from the meat club has been handed ...View Recipe
Chargrilled Porterhouse with spiced carrots and salad
This chargrilled porterhouse steak is perfect for an intimate summertime dinner. Recipe from our ...View Recipe
Homemade Beef Burgers
These homemade beef burgers by dreamersloft would make a great meal that anyone would ...View Recipe