The Beef Porridge infused with Coconut Milk and Spices is a comforting dish on its own or easily paired with other stir fry vegetables or meat. A great meal for Ramadan fasting, this can be enjoyed pre-dawn or of an evening to keep energy levels high. Recipe inspired by True Aussie Beef & Lamb.
- 500g The Meat Club Angus Beef Lean Mince
- 2g Star Anise
- 100ml Coconut milk
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 litre Water
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
To make mini beef balls
- 200g The Meat Club Angus Beef Lean Mince
- 30g Scallion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- ½ tsp White Pepper
- 150g Shallots
- 50g White onion
- 30g Ginger
- 50g Dried shrimps
- To make the mini meat balls, mix beef with scallion, soya sauce and pepper in a bowl and massage the meat until paste becomes sticky. Divide meat into small portions and roll it into mini balls. Drop beef balls in boiling water until cooked and set aside
- Pre-heat the soup pot over medium Heat. Add cooking oil, blended items, Malay soup powder, cinnamon stick and star anise and saute until the spices become fragrant.
- Add minced beef and the washed uncooked rice into the pot. Stir well and add water.
- Cook for at least 30 minutes and add coconut milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve meat balls with porridge and garnish with scallion, Chinese parsley and fried shallot.