This Moroccan Baked Chorizo Eggs is a hearty and satisfying brunch. You can make this easy recipe in one pot, and easily feed a group. Check out the full recipe by #sgfoodie Yann @yannisms.
- 5 The Meat Club Pork Chorizo Sausages
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Slice sausages into 2cm pieces
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and fry with a slotted spoon until the meat is cooked. Remove from pan to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the bell pepper and onion to the pan, stirring until soft. Return the sausage to the pan with the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, while crushing the tomatoes with the slotted spoon so that there are no large pieces. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, while adding the sugar to help reduce the tanginess of the tomatoes.
- Place the mixture into a deep casserole dish or divide it into four ramekins. Create hollows in the mixture and crack the eggs into each corner of the dish (or one per ramekin). Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the egg whites have set, (do not overcook, yolks should remain runny)
- Serve with toast (leftovers can be served with pasta – delicious!)