Elderflower Cider Roast Chicken
This Elderflower Cider Roast Chicken with Stuffed Mushroom by Singapore foodie Simone Ruth, gives an exciting and unusual twist to the traditional chicken roast, with the hallmarks of a meal that the whole family can share! Print the recipe today for an unforgettable family meal.
- 1 x The Meat Club whole chicken
- half an onion, diced
- 4 porterbello mushrooms
- 100ml cooking cream
- 3-4 rosemary sprigs
- 6 cloves of crushed garlic
- 3 sticks of chopped celery
- 2 chopped carrots
- 100ml Marks & Spencer Farmhouse cider (option: you could use an apple or pear cider as well)
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the chicken and dry with a kitchen towelette.
- Mix the EVOO, salt and pepper and rub over chicken, set aside.
- For the stuffing, heat an oiled pan, fry up onions till brown. Add in diced mushrooms and cook well. Slowly add and mix in the cooking cream, stirring well and reducing over low simmering heat. Remove from pan and stuff creamed mushrooms into marinated chicken.
- Place stuffed chicken into pre-heated oven, decorate with chopped vegetables (as desired), then pour cider all over.
- Bake at 150-160 degrees for an hour or until browned all over. Test the chicken is well cooked by piercing the meat with a skewer and ensure juices that flow are clear (not pinkish in colour).
You may also like
Chicken Zoodle Soup
This humble, chicken zoodle soup from Two Expat Cooks infused with natural herbs ...View Recipe
Our crunchy and guilt-free air-fried Cornflake Chicken recipe is great for young ...View Recipe
Tandoori Chicken with Cauliflower
Tandoori Chicken with Cauliflower Skordalia brings together the taste of Indian and Greek food! ...View Recipe