Chicken Satay is a classic South East Asian street food that is well-loved by many! Payal’s version of the satay is made with The Meat Club’s chicken thigh for the juicy, chunky goodness. Best served with rice or just on its own. Recipe in collaboration with Commune Kitchen
- 800g The Meat Club Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 1 inch wide strips
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, preferably Thai curry powder
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai curry paste or red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon/lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup coarsely ground roasted peanuts
- Mix together cumin, curry powder, white sugar, salt and condensed milk. Pour over chicken strips, mix well and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before using. Bring chicken back to room temperature before cooking.
- To cook satay, heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until slightly charred and cooked through. Scrape the pan after each batch and discard charred bits.
- Satay can also be put on skewers and grilled for 4-6 minutes. Brush them with coconut oil and turn occasionally until slightly charred and cooked through.
- Next, for the satay sauce. In a wok on medium-high flame, fry curry paste and coconut cream until oil separates.
- Add palm sugar, salt, coconut milk, and stir gently until it comes to a boil.
- Pour in lemon juice, ground cumin and ground peanuts, stir and cook on medium flame for a few minutes until sauce thickens and oil surfaces. Serve hot with grilled satay.
You may also like
Lemongrass Turmeric Chicken Taco with Tom Yum Coleslaw
Let’s taco-bout it: another easy spring/summer lunch recipe idea. Fusion food ...View Recipe
Our crunchy and guilt-free air-fried Cornflake Chicken recipe is great for young ...View Recipe
Pesto Chicken with Risotto
Craving comfort food? Our Pesto Chicken with Risotto is the perfect way to usher ...View Recipe