Words: Riyana @healthyishandhappy: Looking for your next delicious dinner idea? I’ve got a great one for you… it’s 1 pan, less than 15 min prep time, and sooooooo freaking good! This dish is cooked in the oven so you get that beautiful browning on the chicken and sprouts. Using good quality meat will always take your dish to the next level both in taste and nutrition so choose your meat wisely.
- 4 x The Meat Club bone-in, skin-on chicken legs ⠀⠀
- 500g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into rounds, seeds discarded⠀
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided⠀
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper⠀
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced ⠀
- 1.5 tablespoons Dijon mustard⠀
- 1.5 tablespoons honey⠀
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce⠀
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary ⠀
- 4 large sausages (I used Pork Spanish Chorizo cause I like it a little spicy)
- Preheat to 450°F (230°C).
- Combine Brussels sprouts, red onion, and lemon with 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet. (you can use a baking dish if you don’t have a cast iron) Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, honey, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir to form a paste. Rub paste all over chicken. Nestle chicken and sausage pieces on top of Brussels sprouts.
- Roast on lower rack until Brussels sprouts and chicken are browned and onions caramelized. This should take 25 to 30 minutes.
- I like to serve this with some sweet potato wedges or pumpkin on the side to bring in some good carbs but this dish is great all on its own too!⠀