This lasagna recipe really hits the spot, with the right combination of Impossible Plant Based meat, cheese, tomato and sheets of pasta. Perfect for storing in the fridge or freezer for leftovers as well, you’ll be amazed this dish does not include meat from animals. Recipe adapted by Impossible Foods.
- 2x 340g Impossible Meat Plant-based Beef
- 1 Packet Lasagna Sheets
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, diced
- 1 Celery, diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Of Red Wine
- 28 Ounce Can Of San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Basil, minced
- 1 Pound Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Cup Ricotta
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Place prepped vegetables in a stock pot over medium heat and sweat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add Impossible Beef and brown until fully cooked.
- Deglaze with red wine and cook for 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir it into the mixture. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and canned tomatoes. Bring to boil for 5 minutes. Add the parsley, thyme, oregano and basil. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until you reach desired consistency. Season to taste.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt and cook the lasagna sheets for 3 minutes until passed al dente. Remove from water and stack flat between layers of parchment paper.
- To assemble the lasagna, build layers in a baking dish by adding sauce, then pasta, then evenly spread dollops of ricotta throughout each layer. Repeat for 3 layers. On the top layer, add all the mozzarella and parmesan or pecorino cheese.
- Bake at 200C until the lasagna is cooked through and the cheese is browned on top, about 15-20 minutes. Wait 8-10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
You may also like
Green Goddess Bowl
This Green Goddess Bowl with our signature Roast Carrot, Kale and Chickpea burger patty& ...View Recipe
Vegetable Burger with Homemade Hummus
This vegetable burger with homemade hummus is quick, easy and filling, not to mention ...View Recipe
Impossible Butter Herb Rice
The Impossible Butter Herb Rice uses the Impossible plant based meat, perfect for those ...View Recipe