Stir Fried Mee Sua (Wheat Vermicelli)
Stir Fried Mee Sua (Wheat Vermicelli) can be a challenge to make if the noodles are not cooked well, but is oh-so rewarding when perfected. The best part, go messy and the dish will still look amazing. The colours and textures of this dish make it perfect for a causal meal at home with the family. Recipe adapted from Eat What Tonight.
- 2 bunches Mee Sua aka Wheat Vermicelli (swap for Hong Kong noodles for an easier meal)
- 200g The Meat Club minced pork
- 1 carrot, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 onion cut into thin slices
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 piece fish cake (home made or store bought)
- Handful of Bok choy
- Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 100ml water
- Pepper to taste
- Deep fry the mee sua in some cooking oil until slightly brown.
- Add the mee sua to boiling water until softened and drained.
- Stir fry the minced garlic and onions in oil until fragrant.
- Add the sliced pork, fish cake and carrots, and stir.
- Mix the seasoning ingredients together, add the mee sua to the pan as well as the seasoning sauce and stir fry.
- Add in the vegetables and cover for 2 minutes, serve immediately.
You may also like
Steamed Eggs with Pork Mince
These Pork and Prawn This Steamed Eggs with Pork Mince are great served with ...View Recipe
Sweet Potato with Chorizo Hash
Words by Riyana @healthishandhappy: Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner, this ...View Recipe
Homemade sausage rolls
These Homemade Sausage Rolls by #supermum Steph Lung are easy to make with store ...View Recipe