Words by #sgfoodie Joyce of @eatwhattonight: This dish is actually pretty simple. But the flavours was really good and intense, with an aromatic blend of spice from the Szechuan peppercorns and savouriness from the fermented beans. It has a twinge of Mala taste and goes on very well with rice!
Steamed Szechuan Spicy Pork Spare Ribs
- The Meat Club Pork Spare Ribs 300g
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ¾ tsp szechuan peppercorns
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp fermented black beans, crushed
- ½ tsp fermented black bean paste
- 3-4 pcs dried chillies, soaked and cut into pieces
- 3-4 bunches of spring onions, white parts only
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- 2-3 tbsp of water
- ¾ tsp sugar
- Some parsley, for garnish
For pork spare ribs marinate:
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp corn flour
- Marinate the pork spare ribs w salt and corn flour. Set aside for an hour.
- Add cooking oil to pan and stir fry the minced garlic, ginger, spring onions, dried chillies, szechuan peppercorns, fermented black beans and paste.
- Add water and sugar. Mix briefly and off flame.
- Spread onto pork spare ribs on a steaming plate in a steamer.
- Add chilli oil.
- Cover steamer and steam on medium high heat for 20mins
- Garnish as desired and serve hot immediately and enjoy!