Singapore foodie Simone Ruth takes a modern twist on an old favourite dipping sauce for the humble sushi. Paired with a pork loin sushi roll, this is a great appetiser for a dinner party.
- 200g The Meat Club Pork Loin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon mirin
- 1/4 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2-4 thyme stems
- a good drizzle of olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 10 thin cucumber strips
- sushi rice
- sushi seaweed paper
- half a mango, blended
- 1/4 teaspoon of grainy mustard -1/2 teaspoon of sesame sauce (not sesame oil)
- 4-5 finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 baby lime squeezed
- Cook Sushi Rice
- Marinate pork loins in soya sauce, mirin, mustard and sugar.
- Place on a baking tray with baking paper, drizzle olive oil, thyme and sea salt then grill at 180 degrees for 8-10 mins.
- Remove from grill and slice.
- Lay out seaweed paper adding the sushi rice followed by the sliced baked pork loins, cucumber strips then roll it together
- In a bowl, mix mango, mustard seeds and sesame sauce together
- Strain out all fibrous bit
- Add in mint leaves, lime juice mix and serve
You may also like
Who doesn’t love some eggs, sausages and freshly brewed coffee for breakfast especially ...View Recipe