Pork Spanish chorizo sausage and mash . There is something awfully comforting about bangers and mash. The Meat Club’s pork chorizo sausages need very little accompaniment because of the flavour they bring to the dish. We love to pair this with sweet potato mash but normal potato, pumpkin and even polenta are great alternatives as well.
- 1 pack of The Meat Club 500g pork Spanish chorizo sausages
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 20g butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- Bring pot of slightly salted water to boil and add sweet potato. Cook until tender, drain and return potato to pot.
- Add butter, milk and season to taste then mash by hand or with a hand held blender. Set aside.
- In the meantime heat BBQ or grill pan. Add EVOO and fry onions until golden brown and soft. Remove and set aside.
- Next add sausages to heat and cook for roughly 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Test by cutting off a piece and checking that meat is no longer translucent. Set aside.
- Serve sausages atop mash potato and garnish with onions and fresh parsley.