This nourishing bowl of Pork Ribs and Corn Soup is perfect for those rainy days where you’re craving some warm comfort food. Prepared by Singapore home cook Kerri of @wenoms, this is a great one-pot meal which can also be served as a side dish with rice. Leftovers can be reheated for the next day so perfect to make in large batches for the family!
- 1 x The Meat Club Pork Spare Ribs
- 1 x corn
- 1 large onion or 2 medium onions
- 2 to 3 medium sized carrots
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for half a minute. Set aside pork ribs and discard water.
- Wash the Chinese herbs and set aside.
- Chop the corn into 3 smaller pieces, slice the onions, cut each potato into quarters and slice the peeled carrots into 2-3 inch thickness.
- In a large pot, combine the vegetables, Chinese herbs and pork ribs all together.
- Fill the pot with water just until it covers the ingredients.
- On the stove, bring the soup to a rolling boil for 15 minutes uncovered, then turn the heat down to a low boil ( small bubbles should still be seen) and boil covered for a further 1.5 hours.