The smell of lemongrass pork really beckons from afar! This is the ultimate summery comfort food. My simple take on traditional Vietnamese Bahn Mi with Pork Shoulder by Singapore foodie Simone Ruth.
- 1 toasted baguette
- cube of butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- diced quarter red cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 white onion
- handful parsley
- handful chopped spring onion
- 1/2 japanese cucumber
- 2 The Meat Club pork shoulder fillets
- 3 bruised lemongrass stalks
- 11/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- Marinate meat with marinate ingredients and set aside for an hours.
- When ready to cook, add canola oil in a pan and fry the fillets, drizzling all leftover marinate on top.
- Toast baguettes with butter and set aside.
- Cut and ready all your garnish.
- Dress it up the toasted baguettes adding the pork shoulder and all other toppings.
- Pour all remaining marinate on top of the baguette and serve with Thai chilli/ tomato sauce.