Words by Lace Zang: This is a perennial crowd pleasure that is incredibly easy and quick to put together. It features thin slices of tender pork, coated with a sweet and salty sauce, mixed with strips of ginger, its flowing warmth permeating every bite. A final flourish of sesame oil and Chinese rice wine towards the end of cooking helps bring out the flavours.
- 200g Pork Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, light
- 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce, dark
- Sesame oil, as needed
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 10g fresh ginger, pealed and cut into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp rice wine (optional)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Place the pork in a bowl and season with the soy sauces, 1 tsp sesame oil and corn starch. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Place a wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 ½ tbsp. sesame oil and give it a swirl to coat the surface of the wok.
- Add the ginger and stir-fry until it is fragrant and lightly browned. This may take 1-2 minutes depending on the heat of the wok.
- Add the meat and stir-fry for about a minute until almost cooked through. Add the rice wine, drizzling it in from the side of the wok and allowing it to evaporate as it heats up. Turn off the heat and add the spring onion.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
You may also like
Pan-fried Pork Chops
Our Pan-fried Pork Chops recipe uses a few ingredients only, making it a ...View Recipe
Pork Spanish chorizo mash
Pork Spanish chorizo sausage and mash . There is something awfully comforting about bangers and ...View Recipe
Nourishing Pork Ribs and Corn Soup
This nourishing bowl of Pork Ribs and Corn Soup is perfect for those rainy ...View Recipe