Who doesn’t love some eggs, sausages and freshly brewed coffee for breakfast especially when you have friends over to share. This one pot dish of baked pork chorizo sausages from The Two Expat Cooks can feed as many people as you need, and it only take a few ingredients and it’s done.
- 1 pack of Free Range Spicy Spanish Chorizo Sausages (350g)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 6 free rang eggs
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Peel the skin of the sausages off, and thinly slice the chorizo.
- Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan and place on medium heat. When hot, sauté onion and garlic, in the pan until onions are translucent and soft. Add the tin of tomatoes and tomato paste and cook on a low heat for about 20 minutes. Add the sausages and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Once your sausages are cooked, crack 6 free range eggs straight into the pan. Cook for a few minutes till the whites of the eggs are cooked through and the yolk is still runny.
- Serve with fresh bread – essential for soaking up all the delicious sauce.