This marinated butterflied lamb recipe from carrotsticks and cravings made using The Meat Club butterflied leg of lamb is a perfect weekend treat to cook for your family.
- 1.4kg The Meat Club butterflied leg of lamb
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup pistachio nuts
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Hummus to serve
- Pre heat the oven or BBQ to 200℃. In a blender add garlic, basil, flat leaf parsley, nuts, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and process until it forms a paste.
- Coat the butterflied lamb in the pesto and let it marinate for 2 hours in the fridge.
- On a hot BBQ grill or grill pan, sear each side of the butterflied lamb, add to the oven or covered BBQ and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn lamb and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cover the lamb and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with hummus.