A must try recipe from Nutrition Evolution. Lemon Myrtle Parmesan Crusted Lamb Cutlets made with The meat Club Lamb Chops. A deliciously light lunch or dinner, perfect if you’ve been overindulging on heavier meals.
- 1/2 Cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1.5 tbsp finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1.5 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp Lemon Myrtle
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 1 x 750 g lamb rack from The Meat Club
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1 1/4 cups very hot tap water
- 15 – ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves torn
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 freshly ground black pepper
- Place the flour and whisked eggs in separate shallow bowls. Combine thyme, Lemon Myrtle, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and parmesan in another shallow bowl.
- Dust the lamb cutlets with flour, shaking off excess, then dip them in the eggs and coat in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing mixture to ensure that it sticks.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the lamb, in batches for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and medium rare turning halfway.
- Drain on a paper towel. To make sure the couscous, combine the couscous, combine the couscous and water in a large bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let it stand until the water is absorbed and couscous is tender (about 10 minutes).
- Fluff with a fork. Add the chickpeas, mint, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper to the bowl and toss. Serve next to the lamb and enjoy.