Our Lamb Shank and Mushroom Ragu is like a warm hug, something to bring out when you need comfort food, or for sharing with that special someone. Slow cooked and so tender that it pulls apart, you will be hard-pressed not to go for a second serving! Recipe credit to Australian Lamb.
- 2 The Meat Club lamb shanks (approx.1.4kg), excess fat trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 700g tomato passata
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced beef stock
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- ½ bunch kale, shredded
- 375g pappardelle pasta
- 120g baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Grated parmesan (40g), baby basil leaves, lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Season shanks and cook, turning occasionally (approx 5-7 mins or until browned all over). Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms to the pan. Cook for 5 mins or until tender and transfer to the bowl with lamb.
- Add garlic, onion, carrot and celery to pan, adding a little extra oil, if necessary. Cook for 5 mins, until onion softens.
- Return lamb, mushrooms and any juices to the pan, add the passata, stock, thyme and rosemary and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook, covered, for 2-2 ¼ hours or until lamb is falling off the bone, turning shanks occasionally.
- Transfer lamb to a bowl and shred lamb using 2 forks while discarding the bones. Return lamb to tomato mixture and stir through kale, season and remove thyme stalks.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
- Divide pasta and lamb ragu among serving bowls. Top with parmesan and basil leaves and serve with baby rocket and lemon wedges.
You may also like
Lean Mince Nachos
There is nothing better than sitting around the family table to share a pipping ...View Recipe
Slow Cooked Premium range Diced Beef Stew
This Slow Cooked Premium range Diced Beef Stew is great for preparing ahead of ...View Recipe
Ambassador Namita from Indian Spice box prepares Tandoori chicken, a tasty dinner made easy. ...View Recipe