This easy Lamb Rack with Tzatziki and Mash is prepared by @bonesandbroth and a guaranteed household favourite. Served with pan-roasted vine tomatoes, buttery mashed potatoes and mixed-leaf salad with orange vinaigrette dressing, try this dish at home today!
- 1 pack The Meat Club lamb rack
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 100g greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, cut into half length-wise
- 10g Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 pack vine cherry tomatoes
- 4 potatoes, peeled
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper
- For the tzatziki, cut mini cucumber into half length-wise. Remove seeds using a small teaspoon. Slice cucumber and lightly salt, then transfer to a herb filter bag and squeeze out the juice. In a bowl, combine greek yogurt, drained cucumber, chopped parsley, minced garlic, lemon juice and olive oil (EVOO). Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Steam peeled potatoes for 30mins. In a bowl, mash steamed potatoes with a fork and combine with unsalted butter.
- Chop the rack of lamb into 4 (2 ribs each). Pat dry and season with minced garlic, salt and black pepper on all sides. Set lamb on a rack over a dish or tray and refrigerate uncovered overnight. After brining overnight in the fridge, bring the lamb to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat canola oil in a cast-iron skillet. Using a pair of tongs, place lamb racks in hot skillet, fat side down. Flip occasionally and sear til all sides are turning golden brown. Add halved garlic cloves and butter and baste lamb until a deep golden brown crust develops and core temperature reaches about 50°C. Remove from skillet and let rest on a rack over a dish or tray.
- While the roasted lamb is resting, place vine tomatoes in the skillet over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes.