Free Range Lamb Keema
Words by #sgfoodie @healthyishandhappy: Its been raining a lot in Singapore and the rainy weather always makes me crave warm hearty comfort food. For me one of my favorites is Lamb Keema with fresh Chapatis. This recipe is full of flavor and the warm spices will keep you coming back for more!
Back to the Keema! You can choose your meat of choice (beef, lamb, chicken, mutton) but personally I love lamb.
- 500gms Lamb Mince
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 ½ inch piece of ginger finely grated
- 1.5 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 200 ml water
- Salt to taste
- handful mint leaves chopped
- handful coriander leaves chopped coriander leaves
- 1 chopped green chilli (or not if you don’t want it spicy)
- 1/4 cup peas (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160.
- Cut the eggplant into cubes and cover with extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in the oven.
- In the meantime, wash the baby spinach and place in the bowl.
- Remove the vegetable patty from the packet and place in a sandwich press for 5mins until golden.
- Cut the patty and avocado into desired pieces, and add to the bowl with the shredded red cabbage.
- Drizzle over the tahini and sprinkle with pepita seeds and add salt and pepper to taste.
You may also like
Porterhouse steaks with onion gravy
Porterhouse steaks with onion gravy is an easy mid week meal. Pro-Tip: pair ...View Recipe
Caramelised Onion with Minced Beef Pizza
This Caramelised Onion with Minced Beef Pizza is a sure fire way to get ...View Recipe
Chicken Satay is a Southeast Asian dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served ...View Recipe