Nothing says clean and lean then a beautifully simple Steamed Sea Bream with Spring Onion and Ginger. It may look plain but trust us, it will leave you feeling satisfied, guaranteed. Steamed with a handful of ingredients, this dish will definitely bring out the natural sweetness of the Sea Bream. Add a side of brown rice or quinoa for extra carbohydrates and fibre. If you’re craving a little drop, pair this with a glass of white wine for an evening casual meal. Recipe inspired by Taste.
- 250g The Meat Club Tarakihi Sea Bream
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3cm piece ginger, finely shredded
- 1 each long red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, finely shredded
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Place a plate inside a bamboo steamer and lay the fish, skin-side down, on the plate.
- Place the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and vinegar in a bowl and stir to combine, then pour over the fish.
- Scatter the ginger, chilli and half the spring onion over the fish.
- Set the steamer over a large saucepan or wok of simmering water and cover with the lid.
- Steam for 6 minutes or until the fish is opaque and just cooked.
- Garnish the fish with coriander and remaining spring onion, then drizzle over the cooking juices and serve with rice.