Nothing says clean and lean then a beautifully simple Steamed Sea Bream with Spring Onion and Ginger. It may look plain but trust us, it will leave you feeling satisfied, guaranteed. Steamed with a handful of ingredients, this dish will definitely bring out the natural sweetness of the Sea Bream. Add a side of brown rice or quinoa for extra carbohydrates and fibre. If you’re craving a little drop, pair this with a glass of white wine for an evening casual meal. Recipe inspired by Taste.
- 250g The Meat Club Tarakihi Sea Bream
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3cm piece ginger, finely shredded
- 1 each long red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, finely shredded
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Place a plate inside a bamboo steamer and lay the fish, skin-side down, on the plate.
- Place the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and vinegar in a bowl and stir to combine, then pour over the fish.
- Scatter the ginger, chilli and half the spring onion over the fish.
- Set the steamer over a large saucepan or wok of simmering water and cover with the lid.
- Steam for 6 minutes or until the fish is opaque and just cooked.
- Garnish the fish with coriander and remaining spring onion, then drizzle over the cooking juices and serve with rice.
You may also like
The mellow taste of kingfish makes it great for kids, and mature palates love ...View Recipe