Snapper with Avocado Puree and Jalapeño Dressing
This Snapper with Avocado Puree and Jalapeño Dressing recipe has an amazing balance with heat from the jalepeno and creaminess of the avocado. Ideal for casual meals, the simple pan frying brings out the natural flavours of the snapper! Recipe inspired by Donna Hay.
- 250g The Meat Club New Zealand Wild Caught Snapper
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and stones removed
- 60ml lime juice
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño slices, finely chopped
- 60ml olive oil
- 400g asparagus, trimmed
- 2 green onions , shredded
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the avocado, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the jalapeño, remaining lime juice and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Brush the snapper and asparagus with the remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the asparagus for 1–2 minutes or until just cooked. Set aside.
- Cook the fish, skin-side down, for 4 minutes, turn and cook for a further 1–2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Divide the asparagus and fish between plates, spoon over the dressing and serve with the green onion and avocado.
You may also like
Persian Spiced Fish with Pomegranate and Feta
This recipe of Persian spiced fish with pomegranate and fets from Ambassador ...View Recipe
Hot Smoked Salmon Chilli and Lemon Salad
This refreshing Hot Smoked Salmon Chilli and Lemon Salad packs some heat from ...View Recipe
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bagel
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bagel: is there any better way to start your ...View Recipe