Singapore foodie Derpy Dann, takes comfort food to a new level with Seared Atlantic Salmon on Mashed Potatoes.
- 3 tablespoons organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 large organic potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 1 cup organic milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 The Meat Club Atlantic Salmon Fillet
- 1/8 teaspoon organic Himalayan Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Preheat pan, then pour the mixture of vinegar and rice wine and bring to boil to make gravy. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, drain, peel and chop roughly. Put aside.
- In a small pan, heat butter and milk over low heat until butter is melted. Transfer potato chunks into a blender, blend slowly with milk/butter mixture until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Preheat cast iron pan over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Coat salmon with grapeseed oil. Place in pan and increase heat to high. Cook for 3 minutes. Turn salmon over and cook for 5 minutes. Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork, and skin is crisp.
- Place potato mash onto plate, top with Salmon and dress with gravy.