- 200g Humpty Doo Barramundi Fillet
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper
Lime and Garlic Broth
- Chicken stock – 200ml
- Juice of 1 medium sized Kaffir Lime
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 5 cloves, roughly chopped
- Fish Sauce – 3 tbsp
- Lemongrass – 10gm, finely sliced (use bottom half)
- Coriander – a handful
- Bird’s eye chilli – 1
- Pat dry the fish and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Make some score lines on the skin side, this will prevent the fish from curling during cooking. In a pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Add in the fillet, skin side down. Cook for about 3-5 mins on the first side or until the skin is crispy. Flip and cook until cook through. Transfer fish into a shallow bowl.
- In the same pan, add in all the ingredients for the Lime and Garlic broth and bring to a boil.
- Season with additional salt and/or sugar until it fits your taste.
- Drizzle sauce over the fish and serve with steamed white rice.