The mellow taste of kingfish makes it great for kids, and mature palates love it too. Check out this recipe for pan-fried kingfish with mash, adapted from foodwise, for a meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 x The Meat Club Kingfish fillets
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 75g unsalted butter
- 200ml thickened cream
- salt and ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch thyme, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 2 tsp plain flour
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ bunch chives, sliced finely
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Steam potatoes until tender, then mash with butter and cream. Season mashed potatoes with salt and white pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, pour olive oil into a large frying pan.
- Season Kingfish fillets with salt and white pepper.
- Arrange Kingfish fillets in the hot oil and sear for 2 mins. Turn over and cook for 3 mins on the other side, or until the fillets are cooked medium-well.
- Remove the fish from the frying pan. Stir in the thyme, garlic and stock cube and cook for 1 min.
- Add flour and stir well. Pour in wine and simmer until thickened.
- Serve the fish on a bed of mashed potatoes drizzled with gravy. Sprinkle with chives and serve with lemon wedges.