Pan-fried kingfish fillet with creamy mashed potatoes
The mellow taste of kingfish makes it great for kids, and mature palates love it too. Check out this recipe for pan-fried kingfish with mash, adapted from foodwise, for a meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 x The Meat Club Kingfish fillets
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 75g unsalted butter
- 200ml thickened cream
- salt and ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch thyme, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ chicken stock cube
- 2 tsp plain flour
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ bunch chives, sliced finely
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Steam potatoes until tender, then mash with butter and cream. Season mashed potatoes with salt and white pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, pour olive oil into a large frying pan.
- Season Kingfish fillets with salt and white pepper.
- Arrange Kingfish fillets in the hot oil and sear for 2 mins. Turn over and cook for 3 mins on the other side, or until the fillets are cooked medium-well.
- Remove the fish from the frying pan. Stir in the thyme, garlic and stock cube and cook for 1 min.
- Add flour and stir well. Pour in wine and simmer until thickened.
- Serve the fish on a bed of mashed potatoes drizzled with gravy. Sprinkle with chives and serve with lemon wedges.
You may also like
Hot Smoked Salmon Potato and Egg Salad
What does flaky Hot Smoked Salmon with crispy potatoes and oozy eggs bring to ...View Recipe
Courgette Sweet Chilli Salmon Pizza
For Pizza lovers, a simple and classy recipe of Courgette Sweet Chilli Salmon Pizza ...View Recipe
Coconut Ginger Flower Barramundi
This Coconut Ginger Flower Barramundi by Singapore foodie Simone Ruth, has the hallmarks of ...View Recipe