Coconut gurnard fish fillet with parmesan chips is a delicious meal for any occasion. The lean and firm gurnard is shallow fried and paired with a nice savoury parmesan chip that is great for kids too! Recipe inspired by Viva over here.
- 250g The Meat Club Gurnard Fish Fillet
- 600g potatoes, cut into sticks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 Tbsp water
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cup peas
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp oil for cooking
- Lime wedges to serve
- Preheat an oven to 180C. Line a flat roasting tin with baking paper.
- Place the potatoes on the tray. Rub over the oil and place into the oven for 20 minutes. Then sprinkle with the cheese and cook for a further 20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and coconut on a flat dish. Season the egg with salt and pepper. Dust the fish fillets with flour, dip into the egg and roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place peas and 1 tablespoon butter with ¼ cup water in a microwave dish. Cover and cook for four minutes. Season and mash.
- Heat the remaining butter and oil in a frying pan. Cook the fish in batches for 2-3 minutes’ side depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Serve with potatoes, mashed peas and lime.
You may also like
With a rich flavour profile, crispy skin and essential Omega 3 Fatty Acids, grilled ...View Recipe