Chinese Style Steamed Fish is perfect for family gatherings that is simple, healthy and super tasty with added salted vegetables, tomatoes, ginger and chili. Best served with plain porridge or rice, you can’t go wrong with this clean meal with our wild caught snapper. The snapper really holds it shape while being poached but also adds juices to the accompanying broth from steaming! Recipe inspiration from Eat What Tonight.
- 1 fillet of snapper
- 1/2 tomato, cut into wedges
- 3 salted plums
- 40g salted vegetables
- 6 slices fresh ginger
- 2 Chili, sliced
- 3/4 tsp shaoxing wine
- 1/3 tsp sesame oil
- Clean and pat dry the snapper fillet, and place in a deep dish for steaming.
- Add the wine and sesame oil to the fillet and let run off.
- Arrange tomato, salted plums and vegetables, fresh ginger and chill on and around the fillet.
- Place the steaming plate on a rack to steam in a wok.
- Steam the fish at medium high heat for about 13 to 15 minutes (depending on the size of your fish) or until cooked.
- Test with a skewer to see if the fillet is cooked.
- Serve hot immediately with rice or porridge.