Singapore Chicken Satay is a Southeast Asian dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a fragrant peanut sauce. Best served with some rice or fresh cucumbers and onions! Recipe by Singapore homecook @Gurusappetizingstudio from Yoripe.
- 800g The Meat Club Chicken Thigh Fillet, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2.5 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1.5 tsp turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Kosher salt
For the peanut sauce:
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp ginger (freshly grated)
- Black pepper
- To make the peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and ginger in a small bowl.
- Whisk in 2-3 tablespoons water until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and fish sauce.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and coconut milk mixture; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Brush with canola oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 75C , about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with peanut sauce.