Kerala-style chilli chicken
Kerala – style Chilli chicken. The key to this recipe is lots of onions and very little else. Nags’ Amma has been making this family favourite for years, and now Nags from Edible garden shows us how to make this flavourful dish.
- 1 400g pack of The Meat Club Cage free chicken thigh fillet, cubed
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Mustard seeds
- 3 cups onions, sliced
- Garlic flakes
- Curry leaves
- 3 green chillis, slit
- Tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Coriander leaves
- Black pepper powder (optional)
- Heat 4 tbsp coconut oil in a pan and add some mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds pop, add 3 cups sliced onions and sauté until light brown.
- Crush together a 3” piece of ginger and 5 flakes of garlic (more if using Indian variety) and add to the onions. Sauté until darker.
- Add curry leaves, 3 slit green chillies, some turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and sauté again for 2 mins.
- Add cubed chicken. Lower heat and cook closed until the chicken is tender. Open and keep stirring and cooking until the water is fully absorbed and the chicken is coated by the onion mixture.
- Add salt, 1 tsp vinegar, and 1/4 tsp sugar. Season with black pepper powder (optional). Garnish with lots of coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
You may also like
Chicken breast with pesto zucchini noodles
From the kitchen of The Meat Club, Chicken breast with Pesto Zucchini noodles, an ...View Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Chickpea Curry
Slow Cooker Chicken Chickpea Curry is a tasty recipe that has quickly become a ...View Recipe
Our crunchy and guilt-free air-fried Cornflake Chicken recipe is great for young ...View Recipe