- 800g The Meat Club cage-free chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2″ pieces
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil or ghee, or olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee, or olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 black peppercorns
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/3 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Fresh coriander
- Marinade chicken for at least 1hr.
- Heat coconut oil/ghee in a pan. Saute marinated chicken for 2-3 minutes, or till chicken becomes golden brown. Remove chicken and keep aside.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed, then add cinnamon stick and black peppercorns. After about 10s, add onions, garlic, turmeric powder and chilli powder. Saute for about 5mins or till onions are golden brown.
- Add in tomatoes and fry for 3-4mins. Add chicken and salt, saute till spices and tomatoes coat the chicken.
- Add coconut milk and about 1/4 cup of water. Mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Cook till chicken is nice and tender.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with steamed white rice and side of turmeric roasted cauliflower.