Our Halal Cart Chicken Cauliflower Rice is adapted from the famous Halal food recipes you’ll see when searching for ‘halal food NYC‘. With chicken on top, and our adaption of Halal Yellow Rice with cauliflower, you’ll love this recipe, initially posted by Two Expat cooks.
- 1 x The Meat Club Cage-Free chicken breast
- ½ cup of soy sauce (I use salt reduced)
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame seed Cauliflower rice
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese 5 spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Firstly, prepare your chicken by cutting into 2cm cubes.
- Combine soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic in a large ovenproof dish. Add chicken. Turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- To make the cauliflower rice, preheat your oven to 200°C. Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower; remove each floret from the thick center core. Roughly cut the outer flowers away from the small core and discard. In a food processor, put half the amount of cauliflower and blend for about 30 seconds or until the cauliflower looks like cous cous. You do not want to overload the blender otherwise it will not blitz evenly.
- Lay some baking paper on a large baking tray. Spread the cauliflower out evenly and drizzle or spray with olive oil, sprinkle with five spice evenly and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes. Halfway through the cooking, give the cauliflower a toss to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Leave your oven to 200°C. Place chicken in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve by placing the cauliflower on the base of a dish, top with the chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with remaining sauce.