This cafe-style quiche has a superb flaky crust made from almond and coconut flour. Pro tip: Make sure your butter is cold and work quickly. If it warms up too much and becomes difficult to handle, place it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- 100g Almond flour
- 40g Coconut flour
- 1 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Rosemary
- 150g Cold butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Apple cider
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 3 cups Shredded The Meat Club Cage-free Chicken
- 1 cup Chopped mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Thyme
- 3 cloves garlic
This recipe is adapted from Fitoru.
- Add almond flour and coconut flour into a food processor, along with the Xanthan gum and salt. Pulse briefly to combine.
- Cut 150 grams of cold butter into small cubes. Add the butter cubes, salt and rosemary into the food processor. Pulse until a breadcrumb texture forms. Create a well and add the egg and apple cider vinegar. Pull together and knead gently until a dough forms.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Remove and roll between two sheets of parchment paper. Using the back of a rolling pin, gently
transfer the pastry dough to a greased quiche pan and trim off the excess dough.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 325°F. In a large bowl, combine 6 eggs, ½ cup of cream, garlic and fresh thyme. Pour mixture
into the pie crust. Top with shredded chicken and mushrooms.
- Return to the oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.