Our Easy Chicken Rice is the perfect shortcut version of the well-loved traditional recipe. Perfect for working mums and those who have little time to spare yet still want to enjoy this delicious dish at home! Recipe by Singapore homecook @Iam_shirleytung from Yoripe.
- 400g The Meat Club Chicken Thigh Fillet (marinated with rice wine, sesame oil)
- 6 pandan leaves
- 4 slices ginger
- 2 Lemongrass (white parts only, smashed)
- 200 g Basmati rice (washed)
- 3 piece Pandan Leaves (Knotted)
- 65 g Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste (adjust according to the rice portion)
- 1 tsp Lilo Ikan Bilis Powder
- 1 carrot
- 1 corn
- 1 tomato
- 1 litre Fish Broth
- Water (to top up later)
- Layer dish with pandan leaves, lemongrass and sliced gingers. Lay marinated chicken on it and steam for 30 mins.
- Add rice and mix well with seasoning. Cook according to your rice cooker instruction.
- Remove rice when done and add water, fish broth and vegetables and cook for another 20mins
- Cut steamed chicken into bite size, drizzle with some Chicken Rice soy sauce and serve with rice.