Easy Chicken Rice
Our Easy Chicken Rice is the perfect shortcut version of the well-loved traditional recipe. Perfect for working mums and those who have little time to spare yet still want to enjoy this delicious dish at home! Recipe by Singapore homecook @Iam_shirleytung from Yoripe.
- 400g The Meat Club Chicken Thigh Fillet (marinated with rice wine, sesame oil)
- 6 pandan leaves
- 4 slices ginger
- 2 Lemongrass (white parts only, smashed)
- 200 g Basmati rice (washed)
- 3 piece Pandan Leaves (Knotted)
- 65 g Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste (adjust according to the rice portion)
- 1 tsp Lilo Ikan Bilis Powder
- 1 carrot
- 1 corn
- 1 tomato
- 1 litre Fish Broth
- Water (to top up later)
- Layer dish with pandan leaves, lemongrass and sliced gingers. Lay marinated chicken on it and steam for 30 mins.
- Add rice and mix well with seasoning. Cook according to your rice cooker instruction.
- Remove rice when done and add water, fish broth and vegetables and cook for another 20mins
- Cut steamed chicken into bite size, drizzle with some Chicken Rice soy sauce and serve with rice.
You may also like
Lemongrass Turmeric Chicken Taco with Tom Yum Coleslaw
Let’s taco-bout it: another easy spring/summer lunch recipe idea. Fusion food ...View Recipe
Chicken Zoodle Soup
This humble, chicken zoodle soup from Two Expat Cooks infused with natural herbs ...View Recipe
Kway teow soup with shredded chicken
This Kway teow soup with shredded chicken is boiled with chicken bones and prawn ...View Recipe