Citrus Baked Chicken with Herb Quinoa is an easy mid week meal. As a bonus, there is often enough left over for lunch or dinner the following day! We love the fresh citrus flavors that pack a punch with the herb packed quinoa. Thank you to #sgfoodie, Terri-Anne of @Carrotstick & Cravings and her famed cafes, for sharing this amazing creation with us.
Citrus Baked Chicken with Herb Quinoa
For the chicken
- 4 pcs of The Meat Club Cage Free Chicken Thigh or Breast
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2 limes
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
For the quinoa salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chickpeas – washed and drained
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- Sea salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Marinate the chicken in the juice of 1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime, garlic, EVOO, herbs, salt and pepper, and place in a baking dish.
- Top chicken with sliced extra orange and lime, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with 2 cups of water or stock, bring to boil, then reduce to low heat and cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Add more water if needed. Fluff with a fork and leave covered to cool.
- Chop herbs for salad and add to salad bowl with cooled quinoa, chickpeas, lemon zest, juice and EVOO.
- Pan fry pepitas with a generous amount of salt and pepper until golden and fragrant.
- Serve chicken with salad and top with toasted pepitas.