Chicken Pumpkin Risotto
Chicken Pumpkin Risotto. This one is for your little ones! We know the drill to get them to eat anything healthy. Try this easy recipe by Two Expat Cooks.
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- ½ cup of finely grated pumpkin
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- In a small saucepan bring let chicken stock simmer on a medium heat with the lid on.
- Peel onion and finely slice and set aside in a bowl.
- Peel the skin off pumpkin and finely grate and set aside.
- In a saucepan heat add butter, olive oil and onion let the onions cook till they are soft.
- Add rice to the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the rice starts to go slightly translucent. Make sure you continually stir coating all the rice in the oil, butter and onions.
- Add two ladles of hot stock and continuously until the stock is completely absorbed by the rice. Continue adding ladles of hot stock until the rice is almost cooked through.
- Stir through the grated pumpkin. Keep stirring it into the risotto to ensure it cooks through.
- Add the grated parmesan and chicken pieces from your stick, and stir these ingredients through the risotto gently. Cover and leave to rest for a couple of minutes.
You may also like
Tandoori Chicken with Cauliflower
Tandoori Chicken with Cauliflower Skordalia brings together the taste of Indian and Greek food! ...View Recipe
Indian-style chicken curry
This Indian-style chicken curry is a quick dish with big flavours. It is ...View Recipe
Kerala-style chilli chicken
Kerala – style Chilli chicken. The key to this recipe is lots of onions and ...View Recipe