Chicken Pumpkin Risotto. This one is for your little ones! We know the drill to get them to eat anything healthy. Try this easy recipe by Two Expat Cooks.
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- ½ cup of finely grated pumpkin
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- In a small saucepan bring let chicken stock simmer on a medium heat with the lid on.
- Peel onion and finely slice and set aside in a bowl.
- Peel the skin off pumpkin and finely grate and set aside.
- In a saucepan heat add butter, olive oil and onion let the onions cook till they are soft.
- Add rice to the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the rice starts to go slightly translucent. Make sure you continually stir coating all the rice in the oil, butter and onions.
- Add two ladles of hot stock and continuously until the stock is completely absorbed by the rice. Continue adding ladles of hot stock until the rice is almost cooked through.
- Stir through the grated pumpkin. Keep stirring it into the risotto to ensure it cooks through.
- Add the grated parmesan and chicken pieces from your stick, and stir these ingredients through the risotto gently. Cover and leave to rest for a couple of minutes.
You may also like
Singapore foodie Christina, packs a punch of flavour in this drool worthy Baked ...View Recipe