This Baked Chicken Enchilada recipe brings the flavour of Mexico to your home in a quick and easy meal, that is great for the whole family. Sip on a Corona to go along with this easy recipe by good friend Riyana from Healthyish and Happy.
- 2 x 400g pack The Meat Club chicken thigh cooked and, shredded with a fork
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- Mixed salad greens
- Diced fresh tomato & avocado
- 235ml canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tbsp mild chili powder like paprika/ smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place saucepan on medium heat and stir together the tomato sauce, water, mild chili powder/paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Combine the chicken, bell peppers, red onion, and half of the green onions in a baking dish.
- Pour over the enchilada sauce and mix all the ingredients together.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and atop with the mixed salad greens, diced tomato & avocado.
- Serve with soft tacos.