Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls with Eye Fillet Beef
Vietnamese rice paper rolls are extremely versatile and can be accompanied by pretty much any vegetables and protein. Amy shows us how to make these rice paper rolls using The Meat Club’s eye fillet, one of the most tender cuts available. The trick to making a good roll is getting the right dipping sauce and not being too greedy and making them so big that they burst!
- 1 pack of The Meat Club 400g eye fillet
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 200g pack rice paper
- 1 carrot, cut into long thin slices
- 1 cucumber, cut into long thin slices
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into long thin slices
- Butterhead lettuce, washed and separated
- Fresh basil and mint, separated from stems
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large fresh chili, cut into slices
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat BBQ or grill pan.
- Remove fillet from pack and dress with EVOO, salt and pepper on plastic plate.
- Place on hot surface and cook for 4 minutes, being careful not to touch or prod the meat. Turn and cook on other side for further 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate, under foil for 4 minutes.
- Cut fillet into slices for the rice paper rolls.
Rice paper rolls
- Mix fish sauce, brown sugar, chili, lemon and water in a bowl and set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with lukewarm water. Dip rice paper in water and place translucent dish on a plate or chopping board.
- Place lettuce, eye fillet slices, carrot, cucumber, avocado and herbs in center, keeping room at the ends for the rice paper to be turned in to form an end.
- Roll rice paper over and under ingredients tucking in both ends before finishing the whole roll.
- Repeat until desired number of rolls are prepared.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
You may also like
Thai beef salad
Our Ambassadors, Elissa and Jacinta of Two Expat Cooks show us how to create ...View Recipe
Nothing says TV dinner more than our Spaghetti Meatballs, prepared in partnership with Payal, ...View Recipe
Beef Burrito Bowl
This Beef Burrito Bowl is brought to you by #sghomecook Meg Tan: My son ...View Recipe