Our Tofu stuffed with True Aussie minced beef is best served with a home made sweet and spicy chili dip. The deep-fried tofu makes for a simple yet delicious fritter that is filling — thanks to the potato mixed minced beef — and goes well with a full meal over Ramadan, or as a tasty evening snack by itself! Recipe by True Aussie Beef & Lamb.
- 250g The Meat Club Angus Beef Lean Mince
- 10 nos Hard dry tofu, square shape
- 150 gm Potato, small cubes
- 50 gm Onion white, small dice
- 15 gm Chinese parsley, chopped
- 30gm Long bean, chopped
- 20 gm Red Chili, chopped
- 10 gm Dried shallot
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp White pepper
- 500 ml Cooking oil for deep frying
For coating tofu
- 20 gm Corn flour
- 3 nos Egg, beaten
Sweet sauce dip
- 50 gm Garlic, chopped
- 30 gm Red Onion, chopped
- 150 gm Sweet sauce (kicap manis)
- To make the potato filling, boil or steam the potato for 10 minutes. Mash it using a fork and set aside. Pre-heat a skillet with some cooking oil over medium heat, and sweat the white onion for 3 minutes and add the beef until it is cooked. Mix together the mashed potato, cooked beef, Chinese parsley, long beans, and red chili and season with salt, pepper and white pepper. Set aside filling.
- Using a paring knife, core a hole inside the hard tofu and fully fill it with mashed potato and beef filling. Mix beaten egg with the corn flour and set aside.
- To prepare the Spicy Sweet Chili Dip, pre-heat the skillet with a little oil over medium heat and sweat the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Blend it with sweet sauce.
- Dip hard tofu into corn flour and egg mixture and deep fry it in a hot cooking oil wok or deep fryer for 2-3 minutes until golden brown or cooked. Once cooked, drain excess oil and serve with Spicy Sweet Chili dip.