This Indian inspired beef desi burgers from Indian spice box uses traditional spices that make the meat sing. You’ll be rewarded with loud praises with this number!
- 500g The Meat Club lean beef mince or lamb mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green cardamom pod
- ½ inch piece whole cinnamon
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbs coriander, finely chopped
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 4 burger buns (or 12 smaller buns for sliders)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup green chutney
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil, and add the cardamom and cinnamon. Add the chopped onions, gently saute and set aside to cool. Discard the cardamom and cinnamon pieces.
- Place mince into a bowl and add the onion mixture, egg, salt, coriander powder, chili powder, cumin, coriander and bread crumbs. Mix well and shape into desired size flat patties.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and sear the patties, flipping after a few minutes on each side until golden. Lower heat and cook the meat through. Set aside on a paper towel.
- Mix the mayonnaise and green chutney in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the buns and spread the sauce generously before adding the patty and any other accompaniments.
You may also like
This chargrilled porterhouse steak is perfect for an intimate summertime dinner. Recipe from our ...View Recipe
Our Braised True Aussie beef with spiced infused coconut milk has kurma and root ...View Recipe