This Indian inspired beef desi burgers from Indian spice box uses traditional spices that make the meat sing. You’ll be rewarded with loud praises with this number!
- 500g The Meat Club lean beef mince or lamb mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green cardamom pod
- ½ inch piece whole cinnamon
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbs coriander, finely chopped
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 4 burger buns (or 12 smaller buns for sliders)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup green chutney
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil, and add the cardamom and cinnamon. Add the chopped onions, gently saute and set aside to cool. Discard the cardamom and cinnamon pieces.
- Place mince into a bowl and add the onion mixture, egg, salt, coriander powder, chili powder, cumin, coriander and bread crumbs. Mix well and shape into desired size flat patties.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and sear the patties, flipping after a few minutes on each side until golden. Lower heat and cook the meat through. Set aside on a paper towel.
- Mix the mayonnaise and green chutney in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the buns and spread the sauce generously before adding the patty and any other accompaniments.