This Mexican inspired chilli con carne from Carrotsticks and Cravings will turn any occasion into a fiesta! Pair this dish with a traditional guacamole and all your guests will be singing ‘hey Macarena’!
- 500g The Meat Club Premium Australian Beef Lean Mince
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large red chilli
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tin black beans – drained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup waterSea salt and cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Sour cream
- Quinoa or rice, cooked
- In a non stick pan sauté brown onion, crushed garlic, diced chilli and diced bell pepper until onion is soft.
- Add lean minced beef with the chilli powder, cumin, chilli flakes and paprika, and sauté until beef until cooked through.
- Add honey, tin tomatoes, tomato paste, black beans and water, and reduce to a low heat.
- Simmer covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with sea salt, pepper and extra chilli if needed.
- Serve with chopped coriander, rocket leaves, quinoa, guacamole and sour cream.
You may also like
Our Braised True Aussie beef with spiced infused coconut milk has kurma and root ...View Recipe