This Mexican inspired chilli con carne from Carrotsticks and Cravings will turn any occasion into a fiesta! Pair this dish with a traditional guacamole and all your guests will be singing ‘hey Macarena’!
- 500g The Meat Club Premium Australian Beef Lean Mince
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large red chilli
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tin black beans – drained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup waterSea salt and cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Sour cream
- Quinoa or rice, cooked
- In a non stick pan sauté brown onion, crushed garlic, diced chilli and diced bell pepper until onion is soft.
- Add lean minced beef with the chilli powder, cumin, chilli flakes and paprika, and sauté until beef until cooked through.
- Add honey, tin tomatoes, tomato paste, black beans and water, and reduce to a low heat.
- Simmer covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with sea salt, pepper and extra chilli if needed.
- Serve with chopped coriander, rocket leaves, quinoa, guacamole and sour cream.