Here’s another delightful creation from Kelly Cooks! This recipe is a symphony of flavours, where succulent beef, zesty lime, and umami-rich fish sauce come together to create a taste sensation like no other. Crunchy fresh veggies add a delightful twist to the party, making every bite a delightful experience. It’s a Thai food lover’s dream come true! Get ready to indulge in this incredible dish bursting with the perfect blend of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy.
- 200g The Meat Club Eye Fillet (beef tenderloin)
- Salt (for seasoning)
- Pepper (for seasoning)
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 3.5 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 chopped bird’s eye chili
- 3 chopped spring onions
- 3 chopped coriander bunches
- Begin by finely chopping the coriander and spring onions. Slice the bird’s eye chili and red onion. Next, season both sides of the beef with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Heat up a pan with oil over high heat until it starts to smoke. Carefully add the beef to the hot pan. For a steak that’s approximately 2.5cm thick, cook it for around 2 minutes on each side (both front and back) to achieve a medium-rare doneness. Ensure you sear the beef’s sides for that perfect char.
- Once the beef is cooked, transfer it to a rack and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. This resting time allows the juices to evenly distribute within the meat, resulting in a moist and flavourful steak.
- While the beef rests, prepare the dressing in a spacious bowl. Give it a taste, and if necessary, fine-tune the flavours by adding a touch more sugar, lime juice, or fish sauce to suit your preference.
- Now, slice the rested beef and place everything into the dressing bowl. Gently toss the ingredients together, and your delectable Thai-style beef salad is ready to be savoured! Enjoy!