Stuffed Capsicums with Lean Beef Mince
Stuffed Capsicums with Lean Beef Mince. These Halloween inspired stuffed capsicum are great for getting kids to eat some vegetables while also getting their iron and protein from lean mince. Here, ambassador Tanya from Fusspot & Foodie shows us an easy and quick meal the whole family can enjoy.
- 6-8 red, orange or yellow medium sized bell peppers
- 500g The Meat Club Premium Australian Beef Lean Mince
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ carrot, coarsely grated
- ½ cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cooked kidney or black beans
- 1-1/2 cups cooked basmati rice, brown rice or quinoa
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Dried unflavoured seaweed/ nori (to decorate)
- Fresh thyme, salt and pepper to season
- Heat a some olive oil in a skillet and brown the meat. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onions and garlic till golden. Add the celery, carrots and broccoli. Sauté until the vegetables soften.
- Add the corn and cooked beans, and mix. Add the rice or quinoa and all seasonings. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and clean the inside to remove all the seeds. Using a sharp paring knife cut out shapes to create a spooky faces (such fun for older kids to do!)
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Scoop the lean minced beef and veggie stuffing into the peppers. Top with grated mozzarella and place the tops of the peppers back on.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil on your baking dish and arrange the peppers on it. Pop into the oven and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Cut the dried seaweed into bat shapes using a pair of scissors. Use these spooky bats to decorate your melty-stuffed peppers.
You may also like
Beef Porridge infused with Coconut Milk and Spices
The Beef Porridge infused with Coconut Milk and Spices is a comforting dish on ...View Recipe
Nothing says TV dinner more than our Spaghetti Meatballs, prepared in partnership with Payal, ...View Recipe
Porterhouse steaks with onion gravy
Porterhouse steaks with onion gravy is an easy mid week meal. Pro-Tip: pair ...View Recipe